How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Sweetpea," Black, DSH, Hayward - Found!


I received the following letter from Sweetpea's person after he was missing for almost four months!

July 26, 2014

Hi Jackie,

I have some great news. Sweet Pea is home! 

I put up flyers in the neighborhood north of the mall because your dog tracked him there! If I didn't do that I would have never found him. A woman who lives in the neighborhood has been feeding him for a few weeks and saw the poster so she called me today and when he showed up tonight to eat she took a picture and it was him so I went to get him! Other people had called after seeing my flyers and said they had fed him a few times, so he wasn't starving but I'm sure he didn't eat regularly.

He's lost a lot of weight and he has a lot of white hairs that he didn't have before, but I think he'll be ok now. I'm so happy he's home!

I’m so happy I hired you and your wonderful dog! I would have never thought he would have gone in that direction! Even though we didn't find him when we searched knowing he was alive and what area he was heading helped me stay calm and patient. Thank you so much!!!!

If you want to update your site about Sweetpea, please feel free to use anything I wrote in the emails. I saw a few people were disappointed they didn't find their pet right away, but I felt so much better after searching for him. I knew he was alive, and I knew what direction he was headed, so I knew where to post the flyers. I wouldn't have done that without your help! I hope others understand that too, it might take a while but its possible.

Marie
Hayward, CA


_______________________________________________________________________

Search results:

Sweet Pea is a four year old, indoor/outdoor, solid black, 10 pound DSH with yellow eyes. When Sweet Pea went missing he was not wearing a collar, but he was microchipped. 

He was let out by a roommate under normal circumstances, but did not return as usual the next morning.

There were no sightings of Sweet Pea after he went missing. 

We picked up the track leading away from the house and eventually all the way to a very, large suburban shopping center. From there the track went around and around to the other far end and out again. As it was getting dark, the search was stopped after several hours. Sweet Pea's person said she would continue to look for him. 

_____________________________________________________________________




Name: Sweetpea Hayward 
Activity type: walking
Description: -
Total distance: 6.93 km (4.3 mi)
Total time: 2:17:41
Moving time: 1:28:19
Average speed: 3.02 km/h (1.9 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 4.71 km/h (2.9 mi/h)
Max speed: 6.30 km/h (3.9 mi/h)
Average pace: 19:51 min/km (31:58 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 12:44 min/km (20:30 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 9:32 min/km (15:20 min/mi)
Max elevation: 17 m (55 ft)
Min elevation: -3 m (-11 ft)
Elevation gain: 122 m (400 ft)
Max grade: 11 %
Min grade: -17 %
Recorded: 4/15/2014 5:39pm

No comments:

Post a Comment