How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Friday, April 12, 2013

"Toby," Chihuahua, Tan, Foster City

Still missing as of August 24, 2013


_____________________________________________________________________

Toby is a tan twelve pound seven year old Chihuahua. When he went missing he was not wearing a collar and he is not microchipped. 

When I was called he was missing for three days, and there were no sightings.

We followed the track for eight hours around Foster City. We had to stop the search due to lack of daylight at 8 PM. 

As we were waiting for our ride to pick us up, Toby's person received a phone call that Toby had been sighted earlier that day at around 1 PM. The person gave only a general location, but did not give a specific location, which is what we would need to start. Once I explained this, Toby's person called this person back, but by the time we arrived back at our cars, the person had not called back. Toby's people said that they would go to the location and look for Toby there. After I had already put Dino in the car, taken off his equipment, given him his food reward and removed my own equipment, the husband asked me to come along with them to continue the search. By this time it was pitch black, I was exhausted and hungry, and I explained that I had dogs waiting in crates at home that needed to come out since we had just done an eight hour search and I needed to get home right away. I offered to come back in the morning when it was light and after they got a more exact location from this person. He got angry and said that I did not care about his dog and that I was only doing the searches for money, and turned around, still angry, and got into his car. 

First thing the next morning, I texted him and asked him if he was interested in continuing the search. He said he was, but he still had not heard from the person who called the night before to give a more specific location to her sighting. I said that I needed that to do another search.

I then received a text asking if I would be willing to do a search, but charge less than the minimum four hours. I said that all searches need a four hour minimum. I asked me a couple of more times if I would change, and I said no. About a half hour later I received a phone call from his wife, basically, demanding that I do a search with less than the four hour minimum, charging me with not caring about their dog and only doing the search for money. I did not return the message, and I never heard back from them. To this date, Toby is still missing. 


______________________________________________________________________



View Toby Foster City in a larger map


Created by Google My Tracks on Android.
Name: Toby Foster City
Activity type: -
Description: -
Total distance: 20.56 km (12.8 mi)
Total time: 6:00:44
Moving time: 5:01:58
Average speed: 3.42 km/h (2.1 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 4.08 km/h (2.5 mi/h)
Max speed: 10.56 km/h (6.6 mi/h)
Average pace: 17.55 min/km (28.2 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 14.69 min/km (23.6 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 5.68 min/km (9.1 min/mi)
Max elevation: 32 m (106 ft)
Min elevation: -33 m (-108 ft)
Elevation gain: 512 m (1681 ft)
Max grade: 0 %
Min grade: 0 %
Recorded: 4/12/2013 1:42pm


No comments:

Post a Comment