How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Saturday, October 19, 2013

"Isabella," DSH, Black with white paws, Folsom - Found!


_____________________________________________________________________

Search details:

Isabella is an eight year old, indoor only, tuxedo marked DSH with distinctive white paws. When she went missing she was not wearing a collar and was not microchipped. 

She was last seen on September 29 being chased inside the house by a small visiting dog. Isabella ran out the back door and was seen jumping the fence. 

An extensive search and campaign, with robo phone calls and posted flyers, was initiated by Isabella's person and their were multiple sightings as far away as three miles after being missing for over two weeks. We came out to do the search on October 19. The night before I came by, Isabella's person received a response to one her robo calls that a cat of Isabella's description was seen near his house, in an open space/green belt, a couple days prior. She met him that night and he showed her the exact location of where he saw Isabella. This spot was over three miles from Isabella's home. 

We started the search in that location the next day. After showing Dino the area, he picked up her trail, which went through the open space and eventually out to the neighborhoods. This led us through a variety of neighborhoods, county parks, fairgrounds and eventually all the way to a walking/biking trail along the river. 

At the four hour mark, Isabella's person called off the search and said she would continue to look for her. We had a friend pick us up and drive us back to her home. I put Dino back into the van, which was before the house since we had parked down the street. Due to the over two hour drive to Folsom from my house, I brought my other dogs and they remained in crates in the garage. After the search, we were letting the dogs, one by one, out onto the lawn before loading them back into the van to drive back home. Two of my dogs, Benny and June, were super eager and interested in an overturned rowboat on a side green patch in front of their home. It was probably over 20 feet long and eight feet wide, and it was covered by a heavy duty tarp. Both dogs were keying in on something underneath the boat, and were digging furiously at the ground at the edge of the boat. Isabella's person saw that and said, "Oh, it is probably mice. We get those all the time around here." I asked her if we should check by lifting up the boat, but she said no. I said OK and we got all the dogs into the car and I started home. 

The next day I received an email: 

"Hey Jackie!

You're little guy and June  were on to something with that boat in my front yard!  I went out and decided to try to lift it (it's very heavy) and let those mice out and out runs my cat, Isabella!!  She ran to my neighbors garage which was slightly open and couldn't believe my eyes! I picked her up and she's not really thin or beat up looking so she has been eating and drinking and just full of burs.  

I never checked the side area of this boat covered by the tarp so she did have access to get in and out!  And I truly don't think she's been there very long.  Thanks so much for all you're help!!!   My friend and I will go and take down flyers!    

Thank to You Benny Dino and June I checked under the  the boat, and I think walking thru open space for the last week and yesterday allowed her to find her way home! 

Sincerely,

Dot Stark"





View Larger Map

Name: Isabella Folsom
Activity type: walking
Description: -
Total distance: 8.62 km (5.4 mi)
Total time: 3:06:36
Moving time: 1:36:21
Average speed: 2.77 km/h (1.7 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 5.37 km/h (3.3 mi/h)
Max speed: 39.78 km/h (24.7 mi/h)
Average pace: 21:38 min/km (34:50 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 11:10 min/km (17:59 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 1:30 min/km (2:26 min/mi)
Max elevation: 132 m (432 ft)
Min elevation: 36 m (118 ft)
Elevation gain: 130 m (427 ft)
Max grade: 18 %
Min grade: -12 %
Recorded: 10/19/2013 2:07pm

No comments:

Post a Comment