How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Rudy", Chihuahua/Pug mix, Morgan Hill - Found!

This was taken directly from a Craigslist ad. 
"Finally the day came, Sunday, June 6th, we got a call and someone found him. He was so skinny and dirty that I didn't even recognize him! But when I said his name he got up (the frailty and weakness was so obvious) he walked to me and I knelt down and he started to lick me. I grabbed him right away and in tears I asked what happened to you? I hugged our angel who found him for us and thanked him immensely. Right away we took Rudy to the vet because he clearly needed professional care and at least an exam.

The vet told us that it was the second case that she had seen that weekend of a lost pet found. She said that the day before a woman came in with a cat that had been missing for 7 MONTHS! The cat was found in someone's backyard, like Rudy, was very weak and starved. 7 MONTHS!"





Rudy is a seven month old Chihuahua/Pug mix. He is wearing a collar with ID tags and is microchipped. Rudy was staying at a relative's house when he took off from the house. There were a couple of sightings of Rudy running in the downtown area, near the location of the house he took off from.


We started at the last sighting. We followed the track all the way into the far hills of Morgan Hill. After several hours, Rudy's people stopped the search. They said they would get back to me to see if they wanted to do another day of searching.


Search #1:




View Rudy in a larger map




Total Distance: 16.39 km (10.2 mi)
Total Time: 3:43:54
Moving Time: 2:15:40
Average Pace: 13.65 min/km (22.0 min/mi)
Average Moving Pace: 8.28 min/km (13.3 min/mi)
Min Pace: 5.48 min/km (8.8 min/mi)
Min Elevation: 30 m (98 ft)
Max Elevation: 250 m (819 ft)
Elevation Gain: 748 m (2453 ft)
Max Grade: 6 %
Min Grade: -17 %
Recorded: Wed May 12 14:39:45 PDT 2010







Search #2:



View Rudy 2 in a larger map





Total Distance: 42.47 km (26.4 mi)
Total Time: 4:46:15
Moving Time: 3:26:36
Average Pace: 6.74 min/km (10.8 min/mi)
Average Moving Pace: 4.87 min/km (7.8 min/mi)
Min Pace: 0.62 min/km (1.0 min/mi)
Min Elevation: 49 m (160 ft)
Max Elevation: 230 m (755 ft)
Elevation Gain: 750 m (2461 ft)
Max Grade: 3 %
Min Grade: -3 %
Recorded: Sat May 15 14:47:15 PDT 2010
 




This track was a little different than others. We found Rudy's scent on the Coyote Creek Trail, and we were trying to jump ahead on the trail to catch up to him. We found it along the creek a couple of places, and the found it again at the Coyote Creek Golf Course, where it went around and around, until we finally had to stop because it was getting dark and they would be closing the course soon. We stopped the search there, and I suggested Rudy's people continue to look in the area west and north of that course since it looked like he was in a northbound direction. 




Over three weeks later Rudy was found. I was never directly informed that Rudy was found. I found this out because I saw an ad in Craigslist, which is listed above. 


His people do not believe that Rudy ever traveled as far as we tracked  him. All I know about where  he was found was somewhere in Morgan Hill, which is not surprising, since we tracked him to a golf course in Morgan Hill, at the San Jose border. They believe that Rudy was safe somewhere this whole time nearby where he was lost. By his description, he was on the streets this whole time, exactly as we described. 


Rudy's people continued to post on Craigslist nasty and negative comments about me and my services. There are comments attached to this blog. They also contacted Missing Pet Partnership directly to complain about my services. Based on this single complaint, MPP/Kat Albrecht removed me from their directory, even though I had received numerous positive letters about my services. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete