How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Sandy", German Shorthair Pointer, Santa Cruz - Found!

Jackie:  


After being missing for 6 days, Sandy came through his doggy door today just before 12:30 P.M.  Since he was unable to walk on his right foot my son Joseph & I rushed him to the vet, & are suppose to be able to get him back at 4:00 P.M. today.  Sandy's lost over 12# (since Sandy actually gained a few pounds since the last time he was at the vet, he probably actualy lost over 14#).  In addition, he has some ticks, needs antibiotics, & is lightly skunked.  No broken bones, but an extremely swollen ankle that's infected with lots of fluid at the joint.  We had to leave him at the vet . . . & need to go back & pick him up at 4:00 P.M..
Actually I was on my computer filing more lost dog reports when I suddenly realized that he was standing beside me panting heavily.
I guess Sandy is a lot smarter than we thought to find his way home again.  

Thanks Again, 


No track available due to battery problem with phone. Might have fixed after track.

Sandy is a microchipped five year old German Shorthair Pointer, and he is wearing a collar with ID tags. He is also wearing an electronic shock collar since he has a tendency to take off and explore the surrounding area. He has always returned in the past. He had been missing for a couple of days when I was called. There were no sightings of Sandy.

We started at his  house and found out how he left the fenced property. The track lead around the area for several miles and then went out to the main highway and continued all the way into the city of Santa Cruz, at which point I was asked to stop. They said they would continue to search for Sandy on their own. I received the above email a couple of days after our search.

No comments:

Post a Comment