How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Pippa," DSH, Grey Tabby with White, San Francisco - Found!

I received the following emails one week after Pippa went missing:

"June 23, 2013 7:30:43 PM PDT
Pippa was sighted half way home Thursday night on Fulton. She came home late Friday night.


Jun 23, 2013, at 08:43 PM: My response:
That is wonderful! Thanks for the update.
Did you walk up to the front door or front porch? How did you find her? 


June 23, 2013 8:57:34 PM PDT
She was meowing outside my bedroom window at 2am. I heard her and ran out. I picked her up and brought her inside. She then demanded food. I fed her two meals and ran out of food. I went to Safeway at 3am to get her more food. Three meals later her belly was full. Then she came onto my lap and clung on, releasing... She slept for a day and now she is fine, even better than before she left.


Jun 23, 2013, at 09:14 PM: My response:
Very smart and lucky cat! Where on Fulton was she seen on Thursday? Did someone see your flyer and call you?

June 23, 2013 9:17:57 PM PDT
Pippa was att Central and Fulton, half way home, on Thursday night. Yes, a girl was out with her dog, who chased Pippa into a backyard. Five minutes later the girl saw my poster and knew it was my cat. At that point, I knew Pippa would be home soon.

_______________________________________________________________________



___________________________________________________________________

Pippa is a two year old, indoor only, DSH grey tabby. She is microchipped, but not wearing a collar. She went missing from her apartment after falling out of an open second story window somewhere around 11 PM on a Sunday evening. There were no sightings of her after she went missing.

I came out on Tuesday morning. After checking the whole area, we found the track leading away from the apartment, across Fulton and into Golden Gate Park. The track went all around the initial area and then eventually left at the corner of Stanyan and Fulton. From there the track went straight down Fulton, all the way to where it dead ends at Civic Center. From there it turned left and continued for several more blocks. At this point, I had to stop the search and walk all the way back since I was instructed to do no more than the four hour minimum. Pippa's person was not able to accompany me on the search, but I remained in constant contact through texts, telling her what I was doing and what I found. 

It was obvious that Pippa had been picked up somewhere in GGP and carried away. That particular area has a lot of homeless transient people and I even saw several walking down Fulton in the same direction, toward Civic Center. 

___________________________________________________________________


Craigslist Ad:
MISSING
Missing from 2nd Avenue and Fulton
On June 16, 2013
A REWARD will be offered

Pippa is two years old and is an American shorthair and is medium in size. She is grey topcoat, white undercoat. Pippa has light brown eyes, pink nose, long whiskers, and a long haired tail. Pippa is very shy and doesn't like to be anywhere but home. Her brother Charlie and I miss her very much. If found, please bring her home.


View Pippa San Francisco in a larger map



Created by Google My Tracks on Android.
Name: Pippa San Francisco
Activity type: -
Description: -
Total distance: 4.21 km (2.6 mi)
Total time: 1:33:10
Moving time: 47:53
Average speed: 2.71 km/h (1.7 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 5.27 km/h (3.3 mi/h)
Max speed: 8.70 km/h (5.4 mi/h)
Average pace: 22.15 min/km (35.6 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 11.38 min/km (18.3 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 6.89 min/km (11.1 min/mi)
Max elevation: 112 m (367 ft)
Min elevation: 55 m (179 ft)
Elevation gain: 147 m (482 ft)
Max grade: 17 %
Min grade: -11 %
Recorded: 6/18/2013 8:09am

No comments:

Post a Comment