How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Chopper", Chihuahua, Menlo Park - Found!

 Chopper is a three year old Chihuahua. He is wearing a collar with ID tags and he is microchipped. We had a search scheduled for the following morning. The previous night I had an extensive conversation with Chopper's person to suggest to her to make up a clear flier with his photo and to distribute the flier as quickly and as far in the neighborhood as possible. They live on the edge of a couple of animal control agencies and Stanford University, which has its own police department and a large private gold course. Since we did not know what Chopper's reaction would be to being lost (run long distances or hide some place) we needed to cover both areas and try to cover both up close and distant  areas.

Late at night before the scheduled search I received the following email. 
"Hi Jackie,
I wanted to say that we found Chopper tonight at about 1030 pm.

My neighbor had seen my flier and was talking to her husband as he was
driving home from work on Alpine road  and as she was telling him of
my lost dog, the husband saw him run across the road not far from my
house.

The husband came and knocked on my door which we had left cracked open
in case he made it home on his own, and he told us Chopper was just
around the corner on the road. So we ran out and Chopper was running
along the road, and we yelled at him to stop and he did!

He was wet and thirsty and hungry but totally fine.

I can't thank you enough for your help today. I was a complete mess,
but you were right-it came down to the fact that we had used fliers.

Also, thanks to the fliers, about 20 mins after we found him, I got a
call from another neighbor who's friends boyfriend had seen him and
they posted to the neighborhood email group (which I didn't even know
existed) and they called me too!

So yes, fliers worked!"

No comments:

Post a Comment