How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Monday, June 22, 2009

"Audrey", DSH, Grey/White Tabby, Sebastopol - Found!

Audrey is a two year old DSH grey and white tabby. She had just moved to her new home in Sebastopol a few days prior. She is totally indoors only. She got out while furniture and boxes were being moved in and out. She is very shy and skittish.

I did not participate in a search for Audrey since she came home prior to me being able to come out due to a backlog of calls on my part. However, I did speak several times on the phone with her people over several days and advised them on how to put out food and traps to draw her back to the area and prevent her from leaving the area. She had been seen repeatedly over several days in the area of the house. I actually recommended not bringing in a search dog at that point since she had been seen in the area, and a dog may scare her away. Since she had been making the attempt to return, I did not want to take the chance of pushing her away.

During the time that Audrey was out, the second cat in the house escaped and was gone for over 24 hours. I advised that food dishes with really tasty and desirable food be put out near the house to draw them in. After they knew that the food was being eaten, then put out the trap and move the food into that. They put out two traps in different locations because they were catching other cats and wildlife, so they wanted to give Audrey and their other cat a chance to also get into the trap.

After a couple of days, I received a call that the second cat that got out had returned home on his own, but that Audrey was still out. The next day I received a call that Audrey had been caught in one of the traps.

(entered into lost pet questionnaire 1/26/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment