How to Contact Me!

Feel free to contact me anytime at 510/415-6185 or jackie@thesocialpet.com or view my website: www.thesocialpet1.com




Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Daisy", Hound mix, Pacheco - Found!

Even though I did not participate in a search to find Daisy I wanted to tell this story to demonstrate how common it is for people to keep pets they find on the street, even if the animal has a collar and tags.

I received a call from Daisy's person after I responded to her lost pet ad on Craigslist. She said that Daisy had gotten loose from the front yard somehow and was nowhere to be found. Daisy is a four month old hound mix they had recently adopted. She was not microchipped, but she was wearing a flat collar with ID tags. She described Daisy as a very friendly and happy puppy. However, she was on allergy medication for a skin condition. I asked her what would happen if Daisy did not receive her allergy shots. She responded that she would start howling and screaming.

I advised her to check all shelters and to put up fluorescent posters and flyers letting everybody know she was missing. She asked me how common it was to have somebody keep a dog if they found them instead of turning them into a shelter. I said it was very common, especially with a cute and friendly puppy.

She said she would get back to me about doing a search if she had not found Daisy in couple of days.

I received a phone call the next day from Daisy's person to say that Daisy had been found! Apparently, somebody had picked her up on the road and taken her home. They said they had intended to keep her until she started to howl and scream, probably from lack of her allergy medication. They called Daisy's person after seeing the ad and asked her to come pick her up.

(entered into lost pet questionnaire 5/2/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment